In class: The future of writing is multimodal: Phono Project overview; set up WordPress.
Homework for Day 2:
- Review the syllabus. There will be a quiz.
- Read Ball & Charlton.
- Draft Post #1 in a Google Doc saved in your IWA folder.
In class: Sound blogging with WordPress.
Homework for Day 3:
- Read at least one track review from Pitchfork.
- Publish Post #1 and Post #2 on your WordPress site.
In class: Writing about music and sound.
Homework for Day 4:
In class: Details on The Great 78 Project and The Phono Project.
Homework for Day 5:
- Publish Post #4 on WordPress.
In class: Scriptwriting for sound.
Homework for Day 6:
- Listen to How Sound’s “How Not To Write for Radio“
- Publish Post #5 on WordPress.
In class: Recording and working with Audacity.
Homework for Day 7:
- Listen to How Sound’s “Short is Beautiful“
- Cut your script down to 125 words and be ready to record another draft in class on Wednesday. Save this in your IWA shared folder in Google Drive.
- Find a way to download and use Audacity on a machine you have access to at home.
In class: More about working with Audacity and posting to The Phono Project site
Homework for Day 8:
- Record multiple versions of your script and continue to play around with Audacity and its tools. Make an appointment with me, especially if you want a higher quality version of your recording using the fancy Yeti mic.
In class: Workshop Day
Final project: Post your contribution to The Phono Project website by Tuesday.